Songbringer DRM-Free Download – PC Game – Full GOG Version
Genre(s): Action – Role-playing – Sci-fi
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10, 11)
Release date: September 1, 2017
Company: Wizard Fu Inc. / Double Eleven Ltd.
About this game:
Songbringer: Procedural Action RPG
Songbringer is a scifi action RPG with swords, secrets, dungeons, bosses and stuff.
You play the role of protagonist and accidental hero, Roq Epimetheos. With a propensity for partying and making music, he cruises the galaxy with his skybot Jib aboard the ship Songbringer, searching for verdant planets absent the presence of galactic police.
When Roq finds the nanosword hidden in a cave on Ekzera, he unwittingly awakens an ancient evil. The sword is pretty fraggin’ sweet though. It… hums.
Jib, the Skybot
Jib began life as a human boy on the skycity planet Yuerder. Growing up, he took an interest in programming artificial intelligence, eventually making a career for himself. On his deathbed, he illegally transferred his consciousness into a skybot, destroying the consciousness link thereby preventing overwrite.
Jib scans the bodies of your fallen foes, sometimes uncovering valuable loot. He can also gain the ability to stun foes. Jib is automatically controlled by AI, or player two can play Jib in local co-op mode.
Lacking the ability to grow one as a human, Jib is obsessed with mustaches.
You choose a 6-letter world seed when beginning a quest. This seed is used to procedurally generate the planet, overworld, secrets and dungeons.
Entering the same world seed will always generate the same world, no matter which platform you are playing on. Thus lore and competition can be shared with others.
Play a new seed and surprise yourself with a new world. Or enter a seed you are familiar with for a speed run.
Open / Non-linear
The generated overworld is open and non-linear. Head in any compass direction you like or play dungeons out of order. You aren’t even required to pick up the sword.
Of the nine dungeons Roq and Jib can uncover in each world:
Some are thematic, containing puzzles and items integral to completing the world.
Some are secret, hidden side quests in which abilities can be gained.
Some are tough as nails with overwhelmingly difficult foes, mobs and bosses.
Secrets of the Cacti
Everywhere one looks, there is much that is not seen. Concealed treasures abound. By eating cacti, Roq gains psychedelic powers and is able to perceive the secrets that lurk in plain sight.
Some items Roq discovers can be combined to create distinct artifacts. Find a blink orb and a fire cube? Take these to the droidsmith aboard Songbringer to craft a fire orb enabling Roq to teleport forward a few steps while turning into a fireball.
Songbringer features no experience points (no XP). Progress is made by crushing mobs, vanquishing bosses and claiming lost technological devices.
On completing a quest, several factors are quantified to produce an overall score:
– Time to complete
– Percentage of map uncovered
– Percentage of items obtained
– Game mode: regular vs permadeath
Your score can be saved to a global leaderboard sorted by world seed. This leaderboard cycles through seeds by popularity and freshness. You can manually override to view a particular seed.
– Single-player action RPG
– AI or human-controlled second player
– Local co-operative two player mode
– Full gamepad support, including rumble
– Realtime combat
– 7 kinds of weapons including the nanosword, boomerang-like tophat, bombs, blink orb, ghost sword projectile, lighter and kilobombs
– Hundreds of unique items and powerups
– Some items can be combined, for example: ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
– Hidden items, secret entrances, secret pathways, bomb-able walls
– Over 30 different achievements
– A science fiction narrative featuring a spacecutter named Songbringer, its crew, an ancient evil army, and a planet named Ekzerra
– Approximately 8-16 hours of gameplay per adventure, depending on thoroughness
– Procedurally generated overworld and dungeons
– A world contains: 1 overworld, 10 dungeons and 13 primary bosses
– Worlds are based on a six-letter seed; enter the same seed to play the same world on any platform, or enter a new seed to play something different
– World generator is hand-crafted, creating worlds based on human-designed rules, blending the best of both procedural and bespoke game design
– Online leaderboards highlight the top players based on completion time, percentage of map uncovered and percentage of items found
– Roguelike-inspired permadeath option which gives a higher score on the leaderboard and allows for faster runs
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows 7
Processor: 1.0 Ghz or faster
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0+ Compatible Card
Storage: 2 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements:
OS: Windows 10
Processor: 2.0 Ghz or faster
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 3.0+ Compatible Card
Storage: 4 GB available space
FREE GOG PC GAMES PRESENTS
Songbringer (c) Wizard Fu Inc. / Double Eleven Ltd.
Songbringer: Procedural Action RPG Songbringer is a scifi action RPG with swords, secrets, dungeons, bosses and stuff. You play the role of protagonist and accidental hero, Roq Epimetheos. With a propensity for partying and making music, he cruises the galaxy with his skybot Jib aboard the ship Songbringer, searching for verdant planets absent the presence of galactic police.
More info here: https://www.gog.com/game/songbringer
How to Download & Install:
- Click the DRM Free Songbringer v1.2.1 link below to download.
- Wait until client finishes downloading to 100% and then locate the file/s folder.
- Follow the step(s) to install:
– Run or Double click setup_songbringer_****_(****). exe
- Thats it, play and enjoy!
- You can support the developers by, if you like it BUY IT!
You can visit our FAQs page for more help and solutions if you have a problem.
Old Links and Patches
We are keeping some of the old links and patches to make sure you can revert back to old version if you have problem with the latest version.
Size: 1.14 GB
Songbringer v1.2.0 (GOG)
Size: 1.14 GB
Songbringer v22.214.171.124 (GOG)
Size: 1.24 GB
Songbringer v1.2.1 (GOG)
can we pleeeeeease give games like this the tag ‘pixelated’ so its easier to find pixelated style games. thanks peeps
We will do this once we have time 🙁 for now we are focusing on answering comments and searching the game requests as we have lots at the moment 🙁