Samurai Shodown V Special DRM-Free Download – PC Game – Full GOG Version
Title: Samurai Shodown V Special
Genre(s): Action – Arcade – Fighting
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10, 11)
Release date: April 1, 2004
Company: Yuki Enterprise / SNK CORPORATION
About this game:
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL was released in 2004 as an upgrade of SAMURAI SHODOWN V. While keeping the “Sword Gauge,” “Rage Explosion,” and “Concentration One” features introduced in the previous installment, SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL is still claimed as one of the most balanced game in the SAMURAI SHODOWN Series.
28 fierce warriors, including Series’ legendary boss characters “Amakusa Shiro Tokisada”, “Mizuki Rashojin”, “Zankuro Minazuki”, and “Gaoh Kyogoku Hinowanokami” from SAMURAI SHODOWN V, gather and clash in this epic title!
Review by Fun Game – Meh Port:
While a great arcade game my issues are with the functionality of the port.
Graphical options are only “Windowed or Fullscreen” no resolutions, scanlines, filters, anything.
Controls are “Here’s what they are on keyboard” with no definitions for controller and no ability to rebind that I’ve found (for Xbox 360 controller, A=A, B=B, X=C, Y=D, Pause = Player 1 Start, Right Bumper = Insert Coin, Left Bumper = Return to Menu/Quit, Select = Restart.)
Only has one available save-state slot, and otherwise is literally the arcade game. No training mode or anything, only arcade and versus.
And the game config menu is basically a dip-switch and factory mode menu. As all you can change is difficulty level in accordance to the coding on the old machines.
Review by BoondockSaint89:
Now I am writing this mostly to point that that you can fix 3 of the most common problems people have with these Dot.Emu SNK ports.
1) if the game runs too fast – force “Vsync” in your graphics card options.
2) all of the Dot.Emu ports HAVE 2P MODE – that’s right, but you need at least one xinput gamepad, if you have older gamepads you can use the xbox controller emulator called “x360ce” . If you have 2 xinput controllers even better, both work. Then 1P enters the “coins” and 2P presses the “start” button and voila – you can play multiplayer.
3) maybe most importantly is the ability to enable the CONSOLE mode of the NeoGeo games. Console mode lets you play extra modes like training, survival etc, change various settings and in some games, you can even customize your buttons. Find the file “neogeo.dat” and open it with notepad. Under the first entry System: NEO, RomName: neogeo, Game: Neo Geo BIOS – replace the [Program] line:
This will enable the unibios and when you launch the game it will ask you to press “A” (which is “Y” or “Z” on your keyboard)(also it may not work the first time, just go to the emulator menu and click “Reset” and try again) and let you select between arcade or console mode. Then during the game, you can press the combination of “Start” and “Coin” (Enter and Space) to open the cheats menu or B+C+D (X+C+A, or X+C+V on keyboard) to open the “test service” if you use the arcade version of the game with extra options.
Bear in mind you will have to do this every time you open the game and the 1P will always have to use the keyboard and 2P will use the gamepad if you have one, UNLESS you save state using the emulator in the main console menu for example, exit the game and the emulator and then when starting the game instead clicking on “Launch” click on ” Load” and now 1P will use the gamepad.
When you edit your “neogeo.dat” file once you can just copy it to all other SNK ports here.
Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
1 GB of RAM
Video card: Intel HD Graphics
500 MB free hard disk space
Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core
1 GB of RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
500 MB free hard disk space
FREE GOG PC GAMES PRESENTS
Samurai Shodown V (c) Yuki Enterprise / SNK CORPORATION
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL was released in 2004 as an upgrade ofSAMURAI SHODOWN V. While keeping the “Sword Gauge,” “Rage Explosion,” and “Concentration One” features introduced in the previous installment, The game is still claimed as one of the most balanced game in the SAMURAI SHODOWN Series.
More info here: https://www.gog.com/game/samurai_shodown_v
How to Download & Install:
- Click the DRM Free Samurai Shodown V Special link below to download.
- Wait until client finishes downloading to 100% and then locate the file/s folder.
- Follow the step(s) to install:
Run or Double click setup_samurai_shodown_v_gog-3_(12082). exe
- Thats it, play and enjoy!
- You can support the developers by, if you like it BUY IT!
You can visit our FAQs page for more help and solutions if you have a problem.
Size: 145 MB
Samurai Shodown V [GOG]